Are you having difficulty getting sound to work on your Amazon fire stick? This guide will show you how to fix the common Fire Stick audio problem that causes all media and apps to not play sound, regardless of what you do.
This page applies to Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick Light, Fire TV Stick Lite and Fire TV Stick 4K Max streaming stick models.
Why is there no sound on my Amazon fire stick?
An incorrect TV or speaker system setting, accidental activation of the mute option, improperly connecting headphones to the Fire Stick via Bluetooth or the wrong HDMI port could cause a lack of sound while using Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Dolby Digital Plus settings on the Fire Stick could cause sound to stop playing when you watch a movie or TV series.
There are several issues that could cause problems when using the remote and volume controls on the Fire TV Stick.
What should you do if your firestick doesn’t make a sound?
There are many ways to fix the Amazon fire stick audio issue. Many of these solutions can be done in minutes. These fixes should be done from the top. The easiest solutions are listed first.
- Turn on your speakers.
- Press the Mute buttons to check sound. You can also experiment with the Mute or Volume buttons if you have a connected speaker system.
- Using the circular ring button on the Fire Stick remote, press up.
- Switch HDMI inputs. Switch HDMI inputs on your TV to another HDMI source like an Xbox console, Blu-ray player or Blu-ray player. Then switch back to your HDMI source with the Fire Stick.
- Restart your Fire Stick. To restart your streaming stick, press Select then Play
- For 30 seconds, unplug the Fire TV Stick. For 30 seconds, disconnect your Fire Stick’s power source and then plug it back in.
- Updating your Fire Stick. You can resolve many audio issues with a quick system update.
- Update your Fire Stick apps. You can check if there are updates available for one or two apps that you are experiencing sound problems.
Note: You need to connect on customer support for more help
- Connect your Fire TV Stick to a wall socket. Use the included power adapter to plug your Fire Stick into a wall socket. It is possible that your streaming stick is not getting enough power.
- Verify the HDMI port audio settings on your TV. Open the Action Menu or Settings of your Fire Stick to explore the Sound, Audio, and Speaker settings.
- You might try a different HDMI port.
- Turned off bluethooth headphones. If your Bluetooth headphones were connected to your Fire TV Stick previously, and they are still on, it is possible that your audio is being sent to them rather than to your TV and its speakers.
- Disconnect Bluetooth devices. Select Settings > Bluetooth Devices Other Bluetooth devices, and then remove any Bluetooth speakers or headphones that you do not want to use with the Fire TV Stick.
- Disable Dolby Digital Plus. This feature can improve the sound quality of certain services but can also sometimes completely muffle others. To disable this feature, select Settings > Display and Sounds > Audio > Dolby digital Output > Dolby digital Plus Off.
- Select the Stereo sound option. Select Settings > Display and Sounds> Audio > Surround Sound> Stereo to change to the stereo sound option.
- You can test your Fire Stick by using another TV. This can help you determine if the issue is with your TV and speaker system, or the Fire Stick itself.
- Reset your Fire Stick. This will erase all your settings and restore the Fire Stick to how it was when you unpacked it.
How can I fix the sound delay of my Amazon fire stick?
Try fast-forwarding and moving the movie or show, rewinding, clearing the cache and restarting your Amazon fire stick if there is a sound delay. If you still have issues, try switching to Stereo Surround Sound from Dolby Digital.
How can I connect my Fire Stick to my projector with sound?
Connect your Fire Stick with your projector’s HDMI cable. An HDMI-toRCA adapter is an option if your projector does not have an HDMI port. You can set the projector to the appropriate video input and use the Fire Stick in the same manner as a TV.
How can I play audio from my Fire Stick to my Echo devices?
Go to Devices > Create a device > Mix speakers > Theater. Next, select your Fire Stick and then choose your speaker(s). Your TV and all devices in your speaker group must be in the same space.